unless you consider my birthday a holiday, then christmas is my very favorite. its not so much presents, even though i like those a lot, too, but i love apple cider and the breakfast casserole that my grandma only makes on christmas morning. silly reasons to like christmas, i know. but for real. those are my reasons.
other things i like about this time of the year:
- all of the candy my momma makes
- how cozy my mom makes the house seem
- the many jammies nights colby and i have when it gets cold outside
- red cups at starbucks. duh.
- the Baptist version of midnight mass on christmas eve
- listening to the Bright Eyes & Sufjan Stevens christmas albums
- christmas socks (even though i don't have any. so i wear my valentines day socks instead)
- christmas movies! (i'm so watching Home Alone tonight!)
- lots of hot tea & books. perfect nights like that make the season wonderful
i can't wait to have a place of my own to make cute little handmade decorations for.
and i'll need a pink christmas tree, too.
+i'm experiencing a bit of hair envy right now:
so so so pretty. but for right now.. i'm stuck with this:
rather simple. and sort of mommy ish. i'm working on it. i keep dying it darker, but can never commit to anything other than dark brown. haha. maybe someday i'll actually take a risk with my hair and dye it some crazy color. or get some crazy cut. we'll see. :)